DCIPS Policy: Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment
CIPMS AR-690-13, paragraph 4-6 mandates all conditions of employment require a statement of understanding and must be communicated to employees and applicants and agreed to in writing prior to employment or assignment to a CIPMS position.
Conditions of employment will be imposed when required by law or regulation, or when determined by appropriate management authority to be in either the interest of national security or mandatory for effective performance of the position assigned.
A copy of the Statement of Understanding on conditions of employment should be maintained in the employee’s Official Personnel Folder. Failure to attest to the specified conditions of employment will be grounds for withdrawal of an employment offer.
Examples of possible conditions of employment:
||Obtain and maintain access to a level of classified information
||Undergo a periodic polygraph examination or urinalysis
||Meet physical or medical standards
||Be geographically mobile
||Obtain and maintain professional certification or license
These conditions of employment should also be documented on the Position Description and
on Vacancy Announcements but that documentation alone is normally not sufficient. As
stated above, a written Statement of Understanding is required. (See Sample Below)
Download Statement of Understanding|
Part A: Acknowledgement of DCIPS Appointment
- I, (employee's name), have been selected for the following Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position:
|Pay Plan, Series, Grade:||__________________________________________________|
- I understand that this position falls within the scope of DCIPS, Title 10 excepted service for civilian intelligence
components and employees within the Department of Defense. I further understand that -
- Appointment to this position does not confer competitive status; however,
- In accordance with provisions of the DCIPS (CIPMS) Personnel Interchange Agreement between the Office of Personnel Management
(OPM) and DoD, I may be considered for a position in the competitive service after serving continuously for at least 1 year in a permanent
DCIPS position. Otherwise, I understand that I may be considered for a position in the competitive service only if: (1) I have personal competitive
status by virtue of previous employment in the competitive service or, (2) after I have passed an open competitive examination conducted by or under the
guidelines of OPM.
- I am entitled to the same retirement, health and life insurance, leave, and injury compensation benefits as other Federal employees.
- I acknowledge that I have received information on the specific features of DCIPS to include the Personnel Interchange Agreement and have been given
an opportunity to discuss issues relating to my employment under this system.
Part B: Acknowledgement of Condition(s) of Employment or Assignment
- I understand that appointment/assignment to this position requires acknowledgement and acceptance of the following condition(s) which have been imposed
as required by law, regulation, or appropriate management authority:
||__TDY (=/< 10%)
||__Security Clearance Secret
||__Security Clearance TS
||__Security Clearance TS/SCI
||__TDY (> 25%)
- I understand that failure to acknowledge/accept the above condition(s) will be grounds
for withdrawal of the appointment/assignment offer (or removal from the position
occupied if new conditions are imposed on encumbered positions).
- I further understand that in the event I do not satisfactorily meet/maintain the above
condition(s) related to the performance of this position, action will be taken to remove me
from the position.
- The original of this signed acknowledgement will be filed in my Standard Form 66-C, Merged Records
Personnel Folder, and a copy provided to me. Accordingly, I accept this offer/condition(s) of employment under DCIPS.
Human Resource representative's signature
Download Statement of Understanding
Direct comments and inquiries to commercial (703) 695-1046; DSN
225-1046 or at firstname.lastname@example.org on INTERNET.