Wire line or fiber-optic distribution systems used
to transmit unencrypted classified national security information through an area
of lesser classification or control.
Is It Required?
Does an unencrypted RED wire line
or fiber-optic line pass through an area of lesser
- If the area is all cleared and controlled 24/7 to the same level, no PDS is
- If the information is encrypted, no PDS is required.
(Compare costs. Encryption devices may be more cost
effective than a PDS.)
- PDS terminal equipment should be installed in a CAA.
- PDS should not be concealed.
- Employees should be aware PDS exists.
- Directions for maintaining PDS security should be
- Un-cleared personnel who require access to PDS must be